Tuesday 24 May 2016

TAKE HEED!

Hey people, it’s always good to have you here! I trust you have been very well. I have been doing very well myself. Often times, I write based on real experiences.  Here is another. Enjoy.....

So, I hadn’t seen my childhood friend for months, so I decided to stop by at hers and catch up on both stale and fresh gist *smiles. You know the excitement that comes from seeing a friend after a long time. We did a lot of catching up.

After spending one solid hour from talking, we both realized that we were famished. My friend hurriedly went into the kitchen. She told me how she had cooked the food earlier knowing I was coming to hers.

Just after she got the food out of the microwave, I was already salivating as the aroma was very inviting. I got my cutlery and begin to eat and boom! My friend's special food that she spent some time preparing was tasteless. So, just after that one taste, there's a lot running in my mind.  Babe, what were you thinking when you were cooking? Did you taste the food whilst cooking at all?

We kept talking, and then she asked if I enjoyed the food. I smiled and told her I did not enjoy the food, nevertheless, I sure had a great time.

When I got home, I was still saying to myself, what's the deal about cooking?  Anyways, after some time, I just let it go. Little did I know that I would have a worse experience? I mean, considering the fact that most times, I am very proud of what I cook. In fact, I am always happy to say to my friends, "Guys there’s food at home do you want to stop by?

So, this beautiful Sunday afternoon, I had this delicious stew I had prepared, so I told a couple friends to come over for lunch. Of course, they were very happy to. I decided to make some rice that would go with this delicious stew. In good time, the white rice was ready to be served, so I dished the food and presented it to every one of them. In something that seemed like a split second, I realized that the expression on the face of my guest was thoroughly transformed. I started to wonder what this could possibly be about.

 Just immediately, I find the answer by tasting my own food. The food was no good at all. In short, it had salt that was sufficient enough to prepare two pots of rice. At this point, I had to start apologizing to my friends about this mishap. Needless to say, I had the bin grace my food’s presence. That’s my story guys.

 I re-learnt that day, on how we need to cut people some slack, yes you and me. Remember Albert Einstein’s quote? “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid”.

Alright guys, on a final note, I learnt that, she who thinks she can cook should take heed lest she cooks a meal that is suitable for only the bin.

I'd be happy to hear from you. Do well to tell a friend to tell another friend who will in turn tell another friend to read.

Loads of Love,
Smiling D


1 comment:

  1. Hmmm...fantastic, lesson learnt.Everyone is a genius.

    ReplyDelete