Tuesday 8 January 2013

SMALL, YET MIGHTY!


Hi dearest, I’m so glad to have you here; I really hope you’ve been doing great. Happy new year to you, I’m  so excited we both made it to this grande year 2013. Relax and enjoy, this experience of mine…….
Sometime ago, I read something short but beautiful and it hasn’t left me since then; it goes thus,” You think you are too small to make impact? Try sleeping in a room with a mosquito”. It was funny but I remembered some nights I just couldn’t sleep well, no thanks to a mosquito, now take note of that a mosquito. Hmmmm, it kept singing in my ears and every attempt to kill it proved abortive.
Just a while ago, I was preparing for one of my speaking engagements, when I felt a very piercing and excruciating pain. O my! What could that have been? I started searching for whatever it was that dealt with me in such manner. I just couldn’t wait to find out what made me feel so much pain. Now, could you just do me a favour by guessing what  I saw.
Oh yes! You are sooooo right, I saw an ant, You sure had a clue from the image. “Smiles”  To be specific, a  small black ant.What! Was this what gave me so much pain? I killed it with so much strength and anger. Mission accomplished! Do you believe that I could still feel the pain hours, after the initial attack? I think you should believe me cause you  should have had your own share from this small but mighty ant one time or another.
Hmmm, this was a very painful but beautiful experience; it just made me understand the more that you my dearest friend, are not too small to make lasting impact in another’s life, your immediate environment and even in the world at large. If an ant could make that impact though negative on my skin, then how much more you? Start making that impact NOW, but make sure it’s positive. Don’t worry about my skin, it doesn’t hurt again, but trust me I wouldn’t forget the pain that kept me up for a while. “Wink wink”.
Loads of Love,
Smiling D.

3 comments:

  1. loved the humour in tis piece but slso learnt a lot. Thanks Smiling D

    ReplyDelete
  2. deep, very deep truth my friend, Segun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smiling D, a big weldone for all these great articles, I am a huge fan. Weldone, I must say this small, but mighty has re-inspired me. Thanks

    ReplyDelete